Friday, September 12, 2008

What is your position?

It seems to me that in life we are overly worried about our position in the world. We want to be regarded as a person of importance or worth. People are always seeking the approval of those around them whether it's your family, friends, co-workers or just those in passing. We are consumed with how we look. Do I have the nicest car, cloths or gadgets? When people see me, do they see someone they want to be around and we will do almost anything for the answer to be yes, even if it compromises our testimony. Even in the church we can get caught up with "our position". We will ask questions like why isn't that my job or why wasn't I asked to attend that meeting? We want to be seen as a leader in the church, someone who people look up to. The realty is that there are only two positions in the life of a christian, Master and servant. None of us are the Master and ALL of us are the servants. Jesus is my Master and I want to serve Him no matter what He needs me to do. When I face Jesus on that final day I don't want Him to say, you lived a life of high position. I don't want Him to say, you were a person of high importance. I want Him to say "well done good and faithful servant!" I challenge you today to survey yourself. Do you really have a servants heart? Is there anything that Jesus could ask of you that would make you feel, that is beneath me or someone else can do that Lord. As for me, I will say here am I Lord, send me.

5 comments:

bebprov356 said...

As you would say, "Right on!." I appreciate your enthusiasm and zeal for our Lord and Savior, JESUS Christ. Keep the faith and be real! Love ya, man!!!

Rebekah Brant said...

I look forward to reading this !
I love seeing how you have grown in the lord Dave !!

NikkiSmith said...

Wow! I look forward for tomorrows!!

BreBre said...

Thanks, for speaking truth and slapping me and alot of people. That was great. Praise God for your faithfulness to HIM.

Saying Grace said...

Thank you for this David. It was a reminder to me that it is a priviledge to serve others. I'm looking forward to more posts from you in the future.